Correspondence. Borneo, 1761-1905 [microform]/ as filmed by the AJCP
- Bib ID:
- Manuscript and Microform
- Great Britain. Foreign Office
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- Canberra : Australian Joint Copying Project, [19--]
- 49 microfilm reels ; 35 mm.
- Australian Joint Copying Project part 5, FO 12.
Correspondence of the Foreign Office consisting of despatches and reports from British diplomatic representatives concerning native life and trade within the area and issues affecting colonial policy. Includes correspondence on trade opportunities, suppression of piracy, internal politics of Brunei, affairs of British North Borneo Company and relations with native rulers and accusations against Sir James Brooke during his term as Consul General of Sarawak.
- National Library of Australia holds microfilm master.
- Filmed as part of the Australian Joint Copying Project by the National Library of Australia and the Library of New South Wales.
- Selected items from pieces have been filmed.
- Public Record Office FO 12/1-130.
- Also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-727947699
- Original held by Public Record Office, London.
- Cited In:
- Australian Joint Copying Project handbook. Part 5 : Foreign Office - class and piece list, p. 19-23.
- Brooke, James, Sir, 1803-1868
- Great Britain. Foreign Office -- Records and correspondence
- British North Borneo Company
- Pirates -- East Indies
- Borneo -- Politics and government
- Borneo -- Social life and customs
- Great Britain -- Colonies -- Administration
- Great Britain -- Commerce
- Brunei -- Politics and government
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
- Related Records:
This belongs to the Foreign Office records (Australian Joint Copying Project)..
This collection contains 14 records.
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Since 1975 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Hōjin shin hattenchi to shite no kita Boruneo / Miho Gorō cho
- Area handbook on British Borneo. General editor: Norton S. Ginsburg. Editors: Irving Kaplan [and] Chester F. Roberts. Authors: Bettyann Carner [and others]
- North Borneo / by Lord Brassey
- Borneo / War Office
- S.E. Borneo 1:100 000 [cartographic material] / prepared under the direction of the chief of Engineers by the Army Map Service ; reproduced by 110 Map Production Coy. R.E., Oct. 1945, Survey production Centre, South East Asia