Papers of Henry Howard Molyneux, 4th Earl of Carnarvon, 1858-1885 [microform] / as filmed by the AJCP
- Bib ID:
- Manuscript and Microform
- Carnarvon, Henry Howard Molyneux, Earl of, 1831-1890
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- Canberra : Australian Joint Copying Project, [19--]
- 26 microfilm reels ; 35 mm.
- Australian Joint Copying Project part 9, PRO 30/6.
Correspondence received while Secretary of State for Colonies, 1874-1878 covered subjects including annexation of Fiji and official appointments, return of British troops to Australia, honours and appointments, and Pacific labour trade. From 1879-1882 correspondencet covered the organisation of the Colonial Defence Commissi Commission, and colonial defences, and while Lord Lieutenant of Ireland, 1885-1886 he wrote about denominational education in Australia
- National Library of Australia holds microfilm master.
- Filmed as part of the Australian Joint Copying Project by the National Library of Australia and the Library of New South Wales.
- Public Record Office PRO 30/6/1-172 (various)
- Also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-728720702
- Original held by Public Record Office, London.
- Cited In:
- Australian Joint Copying Project handbook. Part 9 : Public Record Office personal collections, pages 1-6.
- Carnarvon Earl of 1831-1890 -- Correspondence
- Great Britain Army Colonial Forces
- Slave labor -- Oceania
- Church and state -- Australia
- Politicians -- Great Britain -- Correspondence
- Fiji -- Politics and government -- 19th century
- Great Britain -- Colonies -- Officials and employees -- Selection and appointment
- Great Britain -- Colonies -- Defenses
- Time Coverage:
- 1858, 1885
- Other authors/contributors:
- Related Records:
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Entry Books. Public Departments, 1850-1871 [microform]/ as filmed by the AJCP
- Accounts Branch: Entry books and register of out-letters 1868-1900 [microform]/ as filmed by the AJCP
- Accounts Branch: Register of correspondence, 1868-1900 [microform]/ as filmed by the AJCP
- Papers, 1895-1903 [microform]
- Convict Transportation Registers, 1787-1870 [microform]/ as filmed by the AJCP