Living ethically, acting politically / Melissa A. Orlie
- Bib ID:
- Orlie, Melissa A
- Ithaca, NY : Cornell University Press, 1997
- xiv, 227 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- 0801484723 (alkaline paper) (paperback)
- 080143355X (alkaline paper)
- Full contents:
- I. The Contemporary Imagination of Power. 1. Makings, Trespasses, and Ordinary Evil. 2. Subject-Citizens and Corporeal Souls. 3. Recovering Political Enthusiasm for Invisible Powers
- II. A Genealogy of the Modern Subject-Citizen. 4. The Politics of Conscience. 5. Hobbes's America
- III. Living Ethically, Acting Politically. 6. Seeking the Limits of Our Selves. 7. A Political Ethos of Conscience.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 199-218) and index.
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.