Constructing a security community in Southeast Asia : ASEAN and the problem of regional order / Amitav Acharya
- Bib ID:
- Acharya, Amitav
- New York : Routledge , 2001
- xix, 234 p. : 1 map ; 23 cm.
- 0415157633 (paperback)
- 0145157633 (paperback)
- Politics in Asia series.
"This book contains the most comprehensive and critical account available of the evolution of ASEAN's norms and the viability of the ASEAN Way of conflict management. It is an invaluable resource for students and scholars of Asian Studies, International Relations and Politics."--BOOK JACKET.
- Full contents:
- The evolution of the ASEAN-Ten: a chronology
- Introduction: security communities and ASEAN in theoretical perspective
- 1. Constructing security communities
- 2. The evolution of ASEAN norms and the emergence of the 'ASEAN Way'
- 3. ASEAN and the Cambodia conflict: a regional solution to a regional problem?
- 4. Extending ASEAN norms: benefits and burdens of ASEAN-Ten
- 5. Managing intra-regional relations
- 6. ASEAN and Asia Pacific security: limits of the ASEAN Way?
- Conclusion: ASEAN as a pluralistic security community: ascendant or decadent?
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other authors/contributors:
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.