Papers of Elizabeth Salter, 1922-1980 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Salter, Elizabeth, 1918-1981
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Available for research. Not for loan.
- 3.78 m. (27 boxes)
The papers are mainly research material for her books; Daisy Bates: Queen of the Never Never, The lost impressionist about John Peter Russell the Australian painter, Helpman and others. There is correspondence with people who knew Daisy Bates, material on Dame Edith Sitwell mainly newspaper clippings, and photocopies of correspondence by Rodin, Van Gough, Monet and some MS of Percy and Allan Russell. There is also the unpublished MS of her novel Tails she dies and other published detective stories: Once upon a tombstone, The voice of the peacock, Will to survive, and Silver rain.
The Australian expatriate author, Elizabeth Salter, went to the United Kingdom in the mid 1950's and from 1956 to 1964 she became secretary to Dame Edith Sitwell. During that time she wrote and published mystery novels. Later she wrote biographies.
- Manuscript reference no.: MS 6481.
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Descriptive list (10 p.) available.
- Time Coverage:
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Organising local archival materials [by] L. Petocz
- System informacji archiwalnej / Maciej Golembiowski
- Guide to the material in the National Archives / the National Archives
- Modern archives : principles and techniques / T.R. Schellenberg
- A avaliacao dos documentos publicos modernos / traducao de Leda Boechat Rodrigues