Papers of Ivy Shilling, 1904-1930 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Shilling, Ivy, 1890-1972
- Access Conditions:
- Available for reference. Not for loan.
- 10 cm. + folio items.
Press cuttings, a scrap book, an autograph book and photographs documenting Ivy Shilling's career as a dancer, 1904-1930. Also included is a fan, depicted in one of the photographs.
Ivy Shilling was one of the most popular Australian dancers of the 1920s. She spent six years gaining experience in London before returning to Australia to perform in many successful stage productions. She married surgeon John Ryan and did not continue her dancing career after her marriage, ca. 1930.
Ivy Shilling's name on the birth certificate was spelled 'Schilling'. It is believed the 'c' was dropped while Ivy was working in London during the Great War.
- Manuscript reference no. : MS 6410.
- Time Coverage:
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Organising local archival materials [by] L. Petocz
- System informacji archiwalnej / Maciej Golembiowski
- Guide to the material in the National Archives / the National Archives
- Modern archives : principles and techniques / T.R. Schellenberg
- A avaliacao dos documentos publicos modernos / traducao de Leda Boechat Rodrigues