[Letters relating to Sir Joseph Banks from the collection of the Alexander Turnbull Library] [microform]
- Bib ID:
- Manuscript and Microform
- Banks, Joseph, 1743-1820
- Access Conditions:
- Available of reference.
- Wellington, New Zealand : Alexander Turnbull Library, [19--]
- 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm.
- Full contents:
- Copy of Journal kept by Sir Joseph Banks on board HMS Endeavour, 1768 to 1771 (contemporary copy made for Capt. C. J. Phipps, R.N.)
- 10 letters by Banks to various people, 1767 to 1798, mainly concerning botanical interests
- 11 letters to Banks from William Paterson (3), William Bligh (3), Rev. T. Haweis (2), James Burney, Mr Beckett and Lord Auckland, concerning botanical and agricultural matters, missionary settlements, etc.
Scientist and explorer.
- Alexander Turnbull Library, New Zealand.
- Cited In:
- Guide to collections of manuscripts relating to Australia ; A424.
- Time Coverage:
- s176, 1806
- Other authors/contributors:
- Alexander Turnbull Library
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2069 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Sir Joseph Banks and Iceland / by Halldor Hermannsson
- Catalogue of the Sir Joseph Banks papers : a very remarkable collection of letters addressed to Sir Joseph Banks, 1743-1820, by many of the illustrious men of his day, including several men famous in the early history of Australia ... which will be sold by auction by Messrs. Sotheby & Co. ... on Monday, the 13th day of May, 1929
- Letters, 1812 [manuscript]
- Papers of Sir Joseph Banks, 1745-1923 (bulk 1745-1820) [manuscript]
- Papers of Sir Joseph Banks, 1745-1923 (bulk1745-1820) [microform]