Essays in philosophy, by seventeen doctors of philosphy of the University of Chicago, edited by Thomas Vernor Smith ... and William Kelley Wright
- Bib ID:
- Chicago, London, The Open court publishing co. [c1929]
- xvi, 337,  p. 23 cm.
- Full contents:
- On Art as expression, by Kate Gordon.
- Instrumentalism and ideas, by A. K. Rogers.
- Postulates and preconceptions of Ricardian economics, by W. C. Mitchell.
- The relation between morality and religion, by W. K. Knight.
- Meaning and reality, by J. F. Crawford.
- Buddhistic idealism in Wei shih er shihlwen, by C. H. Hamilton.
- Current trends in social psychology, by Ellsworth Faris.
- Prayer, autosuggestion, and God, by J. R. Geiger.
- The measurement of psychological value, by L. L. Thurstone.
- A critique of pure science, by C. E. Ayres.
- Philosophical implications of organismic psychology, by T. R. Kantor.
- Monistic morality, by T. V. Smith.
- Aesthetic experience, by V. M. Ames.
- Relation of formal instrumental logic, by C. W. Morris.
- Berkeley's behaviorism, by D. A. Piatt.
- The grand strategy of evolution, by John Wild.
- Reason in moral judgments, by C. M. Perry.
- Published in honor of four members of the Department of philosophy of the University of Chicago, J. H. Tufts, G. H . Mead, A. W. Moore, and E. S. Ames, by their former students. cf. Pref.
- Other authors/contributors:
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2047 [Creator Date of Death + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Cahiers du Departement de philosophie = Occasional papers of the Department of Philosophy
- Studies in the history of ideas / edited by The Dept. of Philosophy of Columbia University
- The scope of philosophy / by John Young
- Functionalist theories of mind [microform]
- University of California publications in philosophy