Papers of Betty Roland, 1908-1982, 1985 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Roland, Betty, 1903-1996
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Part available for research; part not available for research. Not for loan.
- 1.40 m. (10 boxes)
Transcripts of Granite peak, a stage drama about Central Australia which won third prize in the Jubilee Playwrighting Competition 1951 and The touch of silk (revised version), her first work about the Australian drought, received in 1975. Also includes correspondence, notes, documents, typescripts, photographs, diaries relating to Montsalvat and Justus Jorgensen. Drafts of her Jorgensen biography and related correspondence, drafts of novels and a sketch of Guido Barracchi are also included. 9 cassettes located in Oral History.
Betty Roland is a novelist & playwright and lived for a number of years at the artists' colony of Montsalvat at Eltham, Victoria.
- Manuscript reference no. : MS 6772.
- Related Material:
- Betty Roland collection of interviews ; located at ; National Library of Australia Oral History collection ORAL TRC 3142.
- Time Coverage:
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.