This errant lady : Jane Franklin's overland journey to Port Phillip and Sydney, 1839 / edited, with introduction and annotations by Penny Russell
- Bib ID:
- Franklin, Jane, Lady, 1791-1875
- Online Version:
- Canberra : National Library of Australia, c2002
- ix, 275 p. : ill., ports. ; 24 cm.
Jane Franklin's diary account of her travels from Van Diemen's Land to Port Phillip and then overland from Melbourne to Sydney in 1839 provides a detailed and colourful snapshot of colonial society recorded by a sharply observant witness -- back cover. includes brief references to Aboriginal people.
- Includes index.
- Bibliography: p. 256-257.
- Also available online at : http://pandora.nla.gov.au/pan/119875/20100501-0003/www.nla.gov.au/pub/ebooks/pdf/This%20Errant%20Lady.pdf
- Also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-5174472
- Franklin, Jane, Lady, 1791-1875 -- Diaries
- Franklin, Jane, Lady, 1791-1875 -- Journeys -- Victoria
- Franklin, Jane, Lady, 1791-1875 -- Journeys -- New South Wales
- Governors' spouses -- Tasmania -- Diaries
- Race relations
- Settlement and contacts - Colonisation - 1788-1850
- Victoria -- Description and travel
- New South Wales -- Description and travel
- Victoria (Vic)
- Tasmania (Tas)
- New South Wales (NSW)
- Other authors/contributors:
- National Library of Australia 2002.
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Unable to determine date of publication or creation
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- The Illawarra diary of Lady Jane Franklin, 10-17 May 1839 / edited by Michael Organ
- This errant lady [electronic resource] : Jane Franklin's overland journey to Port Phillip and Sydney, 1839 / edited, with an introduction and annotations by Penny Russell
- Lady Franklin's tree at Gerveston, 385 ft. high [picture] / J.W. Beattie
- The life, diaries and correspondence of Jane Lady Franklin 1792-1875 / edited by Willingham Franklin Rawnsley
- [Biographical cuttings on Lady Jane Franklin, wife of the former Tasmanian Governor Sir John Franklin, containing one or more cuttings from newspapers or journals]