Papers of Sheila Scott, 1973 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Scott, Sheila, 1927-1988
- Access Conditions:
- Available for research. Not for loan.
- 2 cm.
Transcripts of tape reecordings (n.d.); a brochure, two photographs, and three posters from the 'Women in the Air' show, Northampton (Sywell) Airport, 10 June 1973 (two posters autographed by aviator Jean Batten, one by Sheila Scott); three maps.
Competitive pilot, actress, lecturer, writer. Born and educated at Worcester, England. Sheila Scott held over 100 world-class flying records, and won many flying trophies. Her 100th record was for a flight 1 1/2 times around the world from Equator to Equator over the North Pole in 1971. Among her writings are "I Must Fly: Adventures of a Woman Pilot" (1968), and "On Top of the World" (republished as "Barefoot in the Sky: An Autobiography").
- Manuscript reference no.: MS 8862.
- Time Coverage:
- Aircraft pilots.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Batten, Jean, 1909-1982
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- San shi guo dang an gong zuo gai kuang / Chen Zhaowu zhu bian
- Modern archives : principles and techniques / T.R. Schellenberg
- A avaliacao dos documentos publicos modernos / traducao de Leda Boechat Rodrigues
- An elementary guide to archive practice
- Dang an guan li xue ji chu / Chen Zhaowu, He Baorong zhu bian