Records of the Australasian Federation League of New South Wales, 1871-1909 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Australasian Federation League of New South Wales
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Available for research. Not for loan.
- 3.72 m. (12 boxes) + 1 fol. box + 21 security binders.
MS 47 comprises the records, 1893-1909, of the Australasian Federation League of New South Wales, the United Federal Executive and Central Federation League of New South Wales, including minute books, letterbooks, lists of speakers, accounts, cuttings and correspondence. Correspondents include W. Astley, Edmund Barton, Thomas Bavin, Alexander Campbell Onslow, Alfred Deakin, T.T. Ewing, R.J. Fairbairn, Robert Garran, T.H. Hassall, Thomas Hughes, Atlee Hunt, A.H. Jaines, J. Kirkpatrick, Rev. James S. Laing, T.F.H. Mackenzie, W. Nichols, R.E. O'Connor, Albert B. and W.H.B. Piddington, John Quick, G.H. Reid, J.B. Reymond, A.J. Reynolds, F.B. Suttor, Dugald Thomson, J.H. Vickery, Edward Wilson, B.R. Wise and J.H. Young.
Miscellaneous documents include petitions, groups of signatures, lists of candidates for the New South Wales general election of 1895, a 1900 letter from Lord Hopetoun, handbills presented by Garran, papers relating to feminist Maybanke Anderson (previously Wolstenholme) and the Women's Federal League.
Papers of Edward Dowling in the collection, 1871-1908, include minute book, 1888-1893, reports and letters of the Australian Natives' Association, letters relating to technical education in New South Wales, leaflets and other printed items, and material relating to the People's Federal Convention held in Bathurst in 1896 (12 boxes, 1 fol. box, 21 security binders).
The Australasian Federation League of New South Wales was formed in 1893 as part of Edmund Barton's campaign after the failure of the Convention Bill of 1892. In 1899 the Hon. Secretaries were Atlee Hunt, F.E. McLean and Edward Dowling. The League was dissolved in 1909.
- Manuscript reference no.: MS 47.
- Also available on microfilm at the National Library of Australia Main Reading Room - Newspapers and Family History at mfm G 6892-6903.
- Also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-229232638
- Cited In:
- Guide to collections of manuscripts relating to Australia, A1174.
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Finding aid (13 p.) available in the Special Collections Reading Room.
- Australasian Federation League of New South Wales -- Archives
- Australia. Constitution
- Patriotic societies -- Australia -- Archives
- Federal government -- Australia
- Confederation of states -- Australia -- Congresses
- Australia -- Politics and government -- Congresses
- Australia -- Politics and government -- 1851-1901
- Australia -- Politics and government -- 1901-1914
- New South Wales -- Politics and government -- 1891-1901
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
- Related Records:
This is a collection.
This collection contains 1 records.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Records of the Australasian Federation League of New South Wales, 1871-1901 [microform]
- The position of New South Wales as a partner in the Australian Commonwealth : discussion in the Legislative Assembly, 8th December, 1905, with introductory notes
- Constitution acts; Governor-General's commission and instructions; Queen's warrant appointing administrator's of government in the Governor-General's absence
- A guide to New South Wales State Archives relating to federation / State Records New South Wales
- Records 1931-1935 [manuscript]