Papers of Frederick Osborne, 1945-1984 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Osborne, Frederick M., 1909-1996
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Available for research. Not for loan.
- 7.28 m.
The papers date from Osborne's election as Liberal Member for Evans in 1949, through to his retirement from political & business activities in 1984. The bulk of the papers relate to his political career 1950-61. The collection includes correspondence, speeches, representations, photographs, publications, press statements & subject files. Personal & parliamentary correspondence documents Osborne's relationships with other parliamentarians, government officials, business associates & friends. The subject files cover such topics as foreign affairs, defence, repatriation, communism, industrial arbitration & immigration. Personal interests are also reflected, including his membership of the Round Table Group & the Union Club. Principal correspondents include Sir John Carrick, Lord Casey, Sir Alexander Downer, Sir Allen Fairhall, Sir Philip McBride, Sir Robert Southey, Staniforth Ricketson, Morgan Giles, Dr Donald Cameron, Duncan McCallum, James Wolfensohn, Arthur Lowndes, Sir John Cramer, Athol Townley, Sir Shane Paltridge, Harold Holt, William McMahon, Sir Denham Henty, Sir William Spooner, Sir Garfield Barwick, Sir Gordon Freeth, Sir Neil O'Sullivan, Sir Arthur Fadden, Sir John McEwen, Sir Robert Cotton & Sir Daniel McVey.
Politician, solicitor, businessman and naval commander. Liberal Member for Evans in New South Wales, 1949-1961. Minister for Customs and Excise 1956, Minister for Air 1956-60, and Minister for Repatriation 1960-61. State President of the NSW State Executive of the Liberal Party, 1967-1970.
- Manuscript reference no. : MS 3662
- Cited In:
- Guide to collections of manuscripts relating to Australia C832
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Descriptive list available (20 p.)
- Time Coverage:
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- An elementary guide to archive practice
- Modern archives : principles and techniques / T.R. Schellenberg
- A avaliacao dos documentos publicos modernos / traducao de Leda Boechat Rodrigues
- Dang an guan li xue ji chu / Chen Zhaowu, He Baorong zhu bian
- Protecting local public records against bombing attacks