Papers of Edward John Ward, 1914-1963 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Ward, E. J. (Edward John), 1899-1963
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid available at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Available for reference. Not for loan.
- 7.62 m.
Papers include miscellaneous and confidential papers on a variety of subjects, including the two Royal Commissions in which he was involved, the Brisbane Line and the New Guinea Timber Leases; his portfolios of Labour, Transport and External Territories; the A.L.P. including its Hobart Conference in 1955 and Ward's bid for party leadership in 1959 and deputy leadership in 1960. There are many folders of press cuttings covering his election campaigns, the Royal Commission on Espionage (Petrov) and other subjects. There are many personal notes, papers, correspondence and the tributes received after his death by Mrs Ward. Correspondents include John Curtin, J.B. Chifley, Frank Forde, Sir Harold Clapp, Wallace Wurth, R.J. Murphy, J.R. Halligan, Sir Roland Wilson, Arthur Calwell, Cyril Chambers, John Beasley, John Dedman, Nicholas McKenna, Abram Landa, Mr Justice J.V. Barry, John R. Donvan, Eric Miller, Q.C., Jack K. Murray and Rev. James Payne.
A.L.P. member of the East Sydney 1931, 1932-1963, Minister for Labour and National Service 1941-1943, Transport and External Territories 1943-1949.
- Manuscript reference no. : NLA MS 2396.
- Cited In:
- Guide to collections of manuscripts relating to Australia ; B128 (Rev. 1).
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Descriptive list (55 p.) available.
- Time Coverage:
- Federal politicians.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Organising local archival materials [by] L. Petocz
- System informacji archiwalnej / Maciej Golembiowski
- Guide to the material in the National Archives / the National Archives
- Modern archives : principles and techniques / T.R. Schellenberg
- A avaliacao dos documentos publicos modernos / traducao de Leda Boechat Rodrigues