Papers of Edward Henry Stanley, 15th Earl of Derby (as filmed by the AJCP) [microform] : [M1969-M1972], 1852-1885
- Bib ID:
- Manuscript and Microform
- Derby, Edward Henry Stanley, Earl of, 1826-1893
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Available for reference.
- Canberra : Australian Joint Copying Project, [19--]
- 4 microfilm reels ; 35 mm.
1. Correspondence, 1952 while Under-Secretary for Foreign Affairs. 2. Correspondence, notes and papers, 1858-9 while Secretary of State for Colonies and India. 3. Correspondence, notes and memoranda, 1866-68 while Foreign Secretary. 4. Correspondence, 1874-78 while Foreign Secretary. 5. Correspondence, Colonial Office Memoranda and papers while Secretary of State for Colonies, 1882-5. 6. Diaries, 1882-5. Concerned with the administration of and affairs in countries including the Australian colonies, Fiji, New Guinea, Labuan, Sarawak, Borneo, New Zealand, Singapore, Straits Settlements, Samoa and Hawaii.
Conservative M.P., 1848-69; Under-Secretary for Foreign Affairs, 1852; Secretary of State for Colonies, 1858, 1852-5; Secretary of State of India, 1858-9; Foreign Secretary, 1866-8, 1874-8.
- Filmed as part of the Australian Joint Copying Project by the National Library of Australia and the State Library of New South Wales.
- National Library of Australia holds microfilm master.
- Australian Joint Copying Project miscellaneous series M1969-1972.
- Also available online https://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-815110582
- Microfilm copy of originals held by Liverpool Record Office, at 920 DER (15).
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Descriptive list available (36 p.).
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
- Related Records:
This belongs to the Miscellaneous Series (Australian Joint Copying Project)..
This collection contains 522 records.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Cannot determine publication date because this record has an open range of dates
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Collections held by the National Library of Scotland [microform] : [M1158-M1168] 1724-1936
- Collections held by the National Library of Scotland relating to the British colonies (as filmed by the AJCP), 1724-1950 : [M1158-M1168, M1961-M1965]
- Papers of Sir Robert Peel (as filmed by the AJCP) [microform] : [M1878-1886], 1812-1850
- Collections held by the Scottish Record Office relating to Australia and New Zealand (as filmed by the AJCP), 1760-1925 : [M584, M985-M986]
- Papers of Alfred C. Haddon (as filmed by the AJCP) [microform] : [M2728-2759], 1879-1940