A directory for midwives, or, A guide for women, in their conception, bearing and suckling their children ... [microform]
- Bib ID:
- Book and Microform
- Culpeper, Nicholas, 1616-1654
- London : Printed by Peter Cole ..., 1651-1662
- 2 v., 1 leaf of plates : ill., port.
- Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 62:12.
- Volume 2 has special t.p. with title: Culpeper's directory for midwives.
- Vol. 2 has caption title: The fourth book of practical physick of womens diseases.
- Pages 53-54 of v. 1 are mutilated. Pages 50-75 photographed from the Surgeon General's Library copy and are inserted at end.
- Reproduction of original in Cushing Collection, Yale University Medical School Library.
- Cited In:
- Wing C7488
- Wing C7497
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms, 1962 and 1963. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 62:12 and 90:13)
- Also Titled:
- A guide for women
- Culpeper's directory for midwives
- Directory for midwives
- Practical physick of womens diseases
- Available From:
- University Microfilms International, 300 N. Zeeb Rd., Ann Arbor, MI 48106
Edition Out of Copyright
You may have full rights to copy, or may be able to copy only under some circumstances, for example a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Since 1676
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- A directory for midwives, or, A guide for women [microform] : in their [bracket] conception, bearing, and suckling their children ... / by Nich. Culpeper
- A bargain for bachelors, or, The best wife in the world for a penny [microform] : fairly offered to young-men for directing their choice, and to maids for their imitation / by Mrs. Susanna Jesserson
- A directory for midwives, or, A guide for women in their conception, bearing, and suckling their children [microform] : the first part contains ... to cure all diseases in women, read the second part of this book / by Nicholas Culpepper
- De venenis, or, A discourse of poysons [microform] : their names, natures, & vertues : with their several symptomes, prognosticks, and antidotes / by W.R., M.D
- A treatise of medicines containing an account of their chymical principles, the experiments made upon 'em, their various preparations, their vertues, and the modern way of using them [microform] : together with a short view of the nature and periods of the diseases, in which they are proper, and some cautions relating to the disorders they sometimes occasion : the medicines are rang'd in their proper classes according to their vertues, and drawn up in tables for the readers conveniency, with their just doses annex'd / written originally in French, by M. Tauvry ... ; translated from the last edition