Of wisdom [microform] : three books / written originally in French by the Sieur de Charron ; with an account of the author, made English by George Stanhope
- Bib ID:
- Book and Microform
- Charron, Pierre, 1541-1603
- Uniform Title:
- De la sagesse. English
- London : Printed for M. Gillyflower, M. Bently, H. Bornwick, J. Tonson, W. Freeman, T. Goodwin, M. Wotton, J. Waltboe, S. Manship, and R. Parker, 1697
- 2 v. (, 516; , vi, 708 p.)
- Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 864:1.
- Reproduction of original in University of Illinois Library.
- Volume 2 has special t.p.: Of wisdom, the second and third books.
- Errata: p. 708.
- Cited In:
- Wing C3720
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1978. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 864:1)
- Other authors/contributors:
- Stanhope, George, 1660-1728
- Available From:
- University Microfilms International, 300 N. Zeeb Rd., Ann Arbor, MI 48106
Edition Out of Copyright
You may have full rights to copy, or may be able to copy only under some circumstances, for example a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Since 1722
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Mathesis enucleata, or, The elements of the mathematicks [microform] / by J. Christ. Sturmius ; made English by J.R. and R.S.S
- The mariners magazine [microform] : stor'd with the following mathematical arts : the rudiments of navigation and geometry ... Also the penalties and forfeitures relating to the customs, and to navigation. With tables of logarithms, sines and tangents ... by Capt. Samuel Sturmy : revised, corrected and enlarged, by John Colson
- The mariners magazine, or, Sturmy's mathematical and practical arts [microform] : containing the description and use of the scale of scales, it being a mathematical ruler, that resolves most mathematical conclusions, and likewise the making and use of the crostaff, quadrant, and the quadrat, nocturnals, and other most useful instruments for all artists and navigators : the art of navigation, resolved geometrically, instrumentally, and by calculation, and by that late excellent invention of logarithms, in the three principal kinds of sailing : with new tables of the longitude and latitude of the most eminent places ... : together with a discourse of the practick part of navigation ..., a new way of surveying land ..., the art of gauging all sorts of vessels ..., the art of dialling by a gnomical scale ... : whereunto is annexed, an abridgment of the penalties and forfeitures, by acts of parliaments appointed, relating to the customs and navigation : also a compendium of fortification, both geometrically and
- Tracts consisting of observations about the saltness of the sea [microform] : an account of a statical hygroscope and its uses : together with an appendix about the force of the air's moisture : a fragment about the natural and preternatural state of bodies / by Robert Boyle ; to all which is premis'd a sceptical dialogue about the positive or privative nature of cold ; with some experiments of Mr. Boyl's [sic] referr'd to in that discourse ; by a member of the Royal Society
- Experiments and considerations about the porosity of bodies [microform] : in two essays / by the honourable Robert Boyle