Blood on the wattle : massacres and maltreatment of Aboriginal Australians since 1788 / Bruce Elder
- Bib ID:
- Elder, Bruce, 1944-
- 3rd ed.
- Frenchs Forest, N.S.W. : New Holland, 2003
- [vii], 309 p. : ill., maps, ports. ; 23 cm.
Draws together, in a single volume, most of information about the massacres of the Aboriginal people which has been recorded in books and journals. It also creates a level of awareness of the scale of the massacres, so that this dimension of Australian history can become part of the Australian consciousness.
Draws together, in a single volume, most of the information about the massacres of the Aboriginal people which has been recorded in books and journals. It also creates a level of awareness of the scale of the massacres, so that this dimension of Australian history can become part of the Australian consciousness.
- Includes index.
- Previous ed.: 1998.
- Bibliography: p. -300.
- Massacres -- Australia -- History
- Aboriginal Australians, Treatment of
- Aboriginal Australians -- Wars
- Aboriginal Australians -- Government relations
- Yiman people (E31) (Qld SG55-08)
- Law enforcement - Police - Native police
- Gamilaraay / Gamilaroi / Kamilaroi people (D23) (NSW SH55-12)
- Race relations - Violent - Massacres, murders, poisonings etc. - To 1900
- Wiradjuri people (D10) (NSW SI55-07)
- Race relations - Violent - Massacres, murders, poisonings etc. - 1901-
- Kurnai / Gunai people (S68) (Vic SJ55)
- Kwiambal / Gujambal people (D35) (Qld SH56-01)
- Race relations - Violent - Genocide
- Tenterfield (NSW N Coast SH56-06)
- Myall Creek (N NSW SH56-05)
- Clarence River (NSW N Coast SH56-07, SH52-06, SH52-02)
- Bluff Rock (N NSW SH56-06)
- Mowla Bluff (WA West Kimberley SE51-11)
- Yurrkarrn / Coniston (South Central NT SF53-09)
- Macleay River (NSW N Coast SH56-10)
- Namoi River (N NSW SH55-12, SH56-09)
- Kilcoy (SE Qld SG56-10)
- Darling River (NSW SH55, SI54)
- Cullin-La-Ringo (E Qld SF55-15)
- King Sound (WA West Kimberley SE51-03, SE51-07)
- Minyerri / Hodgson Downs (North NT Roper SD53-14)
- Darkie Point (N NSW SH56-10)
- Durallie Creek (NSW N Coast SH56-10)
- Clifton Hills (NE SA SG54-13)
- Poeppels Corner (SA Central Australia SG53-12, SG53-08)
- Pigeon Creek (SE Qld SF54, SF55, SG55, SG56)
- Bentinck Island (Qld Gulf Wellesley Islands SE54-02)
- Forrest River (WA East Kimberley SD52-09, SD52-10, SD52-14)
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- The purposes of archaeology / by Graham E. Connah
- Blood on the wattle : massacres and maltreatment of Aboriginal Australians since 1788 / Bruce Elder
- The history of the coastal strip known as "Look-at-me-now", Moonee Creek Settlement (100 years) : the Skinner family and descendants / by Benjamin J. Holder
- Don't take your love to town / Ruby Langford
- Empire and others : British encounters with indigenous peoples, 1600-1850 / edited by Martin Daunton and Rick Halpern