Panorama of Vogel Sang and Cloven Cliff, July, 1818 [i.e. 1819] [picture] / F. Beechey, delin
- Bib ID:
- Beechey, Frederick William, 1796-1856
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item. PIC Drawer 3291 #T952 NK3701/D-E copy
- [ca. 1819]
- 1 painting : watercolour ; 21.3 x 87.2 cm.
- Rex Nan Kivell Collection ; NK3701/D-E.
- Condition: Tears and staining on edges.
- Depicts Captain William Parry's 1819 expedition to the Arctic regions.
- Inscriptions: "Cloven Cliff SE b[y] E in July 1818" --Lower left. "Vogel Sang SE. by S. in July 1818 : F. Beechey delin" -- Lower right.
- Originally in two pieces but now glued together.
- Part of the collection: Original watercolours by Lieutenant. F.W. Beechey of Captain Parry's expedition to the Arctic regions, 1819.
- Rex Nan Kivell Collection NK3701/D and NK3701/E.
- Title devised by cataloguer from inscription.
- PIC Drawer 3291 #T952 NK3701/D-E copy Also available online https://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-134544104
- T952 and T953.
- Related Records:
This belongs to the Original watercolours by Lieutenant. F.W. Beechey of Captain Parry's expedition to the Arctic regions, 1819.
This collection contains 1 records.
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Creator Date of Death is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Vanishing world : the endangered Arctic / photography by Mireille de la Lez ; text by Fredrik Granath
- Picture atlas of the Arctic / R. Thoren
- Arctic Region
- An account of the Arctic regions [microform] : with a history and description of the northern whale-fishery / by W. Scoresby Jun
- AntArctic : a tribute to life in the polar regions / Michael Poliza ;[texts by Uta Gruenberger]