The health of Kimberley Aborigines : a personal 15-year perspective / by Michael Gracey and Randolph M. Spargo
- Bib ID:
- Gracey, Michael
- Canberra : East Kimberley Impact Assessment Project, 
- iii, 23 p. : ill. ; 30 cm.
- East Kimberley working paper ; no. 12
Health problems associated with isolation of Kimberleys such as malnutrition and gastroenteritis given way to diseases of changing lifestyle; increased heart diseases, alcoholism, obesity, diabetes, parasitic infection, sexually transmitted diseases and violent deaths; decreasing infant mortality and hospitalization and leprosy.
- Bibliography: p. 17-22.
- Aboriginal Australians -- Health and hygiene -- Western Australia -- Kimberley
- Health - Endocrine system - Diabetes
- Health status - Womens health - Maternal health
- Health - Biochemistry - Lipids / Body fats
- Health - Urogenital system
- Substance use - Alcohol
- Health - Infectious diseases - Sexually transmitted diseases
- Health - Infectious diseases - Gastrointestinal
- Health - Nutrition disorders
- Health - Cardiovascular system
- Health - Infectious diseases - Parasitic diseases
- Health - Nervous system
- Substance use
- Health - Injuries and accidents
- Health - Infectious diseases - Leprosy
- Health status - Child health - Infants
- West Kimberley area (WA SD51, SD52, SE51)
- East Kimberley area (WA SD52, SE52)
- Other authors/contributors:
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- International activities of the Red Cross societies in peace time
- Community-based illness in Kimberley Aborigines / Michael Gracey, Stuart Gunzburg and Randolph M. Spargo
- Aboriginal primary health care : an evidence-based approach / Sophia Couzos, Richard Murray for the Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services' Council
- Means of preserving health and preventing diseases [electronic resource] : founded principally on an attention to air and climate, drink, food, sleep, exercise, clothing, passions of the mind, and retentions and excretions ... / by Shadrach Ricketson
- How to keep fit : two lectures to the boys of the R.A.N.B., Geelong / by F.J. Newman