[Conference after first flight, Adelaide University Engineers Gliding Club] [picture]
- Bib ID:
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- 1 photograph : gelatin silver ; 7.0 x 11.4 cm.
After the flight of the glider at Tapley's Hill, men gather around it for a conference.
The A.U.E.G.C. (Adelaide University Engineers's Glider Club) membership was confined to students enrolled in the Engineering course at the Adelaide Uni., while members of the Gliding Club of South Australia consisted of men from various walks of life, and included some power pilot members of the Aero Club of S.A. The A.U.E.G.C. decided to build a glider. Having located plans and blueprints in an American magazine for a "Zoegling", they obtained permission for space and the use of University workshops during the summer vacation of 1929/30. As soon as the exams were finished, construction commenced and their glider was completed at a cost of L.17, and test flow successfully in April of 1930. The flight was performed at Tapley's Hill.
- Inscriptions: "S.U.T. 1(?) Mr (?) Conolly in pilots' seat. Conference after first flight", written in pencil on verso.
- Condition: good.
- Title from inscription on reverse.
- "Printed by Harringtons"--Stamped on verso.
- Also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-136581916
- No copyright restrictions.
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Created/Published Date is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Carta aberta ao inspector da Policia Municipal, Sr. Francisco Xavier do Rozario / Fernando Antonio Victal
- "Mei Ya bao gao" xu / Kebeike yuan zuo ; Zhonghua zi liao chu ban zhong xin yi
- Editorial papers 1917-1956 [manuscript]
- Bloodline / Maggie Shayne
- Queensland Theatre Company : Composing Venus by Elaine Acworth