Illustrated catalogue of ethnographical specimens / W.O. Oldman
- Bib ID:
- Oldman, W. O
- [London, Brixton Hill W.O Oldman 1907-]
- 2 v. unnubmed pages. plates, photographs 22cm.
- Incomplete contents:
- Vols. 5, 6 & 7. Catalogue no. 56 (November 1907)-Catalogue no. 91 ([October 1910?]).
- Vols. 8, 9 & 10. Catalogue no. 92- Catalogue no. 126.
- Bound edition with mounted photographs and other mounted illustrations.
- Early numbers (-June 1908, no. 63) lack volume information but have publication date; later numbers (no. 64-79) lack both; from no. 80 on: numbers have volume information (vol. vii and foll.) but lack publication date.
- Catalog by William Oldman, an important dealer in tribal and ethnic arts working from London in the late 1800s and the early 1900s. An incredible wealth of material from all parts of the world passed through his hands, including everything from artifacts and ethnographic works to art treasures from Asia, Australia, the Middle East, Africa, Melanesia, Polynesia, the Pre-Columbian and North American Indian cultures, and Europe. Oldman was also a collector himself. He had a particular interest in Oceanic art. The bound catalogs contain photographs of weapons, armor, statues, musical instruments, fish hooks, perosnal decorations, etc.
- Catalogue no's 67, 73, 110,112 Australian artefacts.
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Created/Published Date is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Catalogues of ethnographical specimens from Australia, New Zealand, Hervey Island, Marquisas, New Guinea, New Ireland, Tahiti, Samoa, Tonga, Solomon Islands, New Caledonia, Norfolk Island, Admiralty Islands and other parts of Polynesia, Benin City and other parts of Africa, various parts of North and South America, the Malay Archipelago and other localities ... in the possession of W.D. Webster of Bicester, Oxon
- Die neuzeitlichen Handschriften der Signaturgruppe Ms 2000 (Ms 2001-Ms 2999) sowie kleinerer Bestände (Cod. Haen., Ms Apel, Ms Gabelentz, Ms Nicolai, Ms Thomas) / bearbeitet von Thomas Fuchs
- Catalogue, vente a l'enchere de la bibliotheque de feu l'Hon. Juge Tessier par Oct. Lemieux & Cie [microform] : comprenant d'excellents ouvrages bien relies sur le droit canadien, francais, anglais et americain, la serie des rapports judiciaires, histoire, litterature, livres canadiens : vendredi, le 21 avril 1893, aux salles Lemieux, 263, rue St-Jean, Quebec
- Catalogue of the library to April 30th., 1889
- Books published by Dawson Brothers [microform]