Letter by Nettie Palmer to Joyce Gibson, 1943 January 13 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Palmer, Nettie, 1885-1964
- Access Conditions:
- Available for research. Not for loan.
- 1 item (4 p.)
MS 7455 comprises the handwritten letter dated 13 January 1943 by Nettie Palmer to Jo (Joyce) Gibson, née Manton. A.Y.P. referred to in paragraph one is Aileen Yvonne Palmer, Nettie Palmer's first daughter. The letter also refers to the Nettie's brother, Esmonde.
Writer, literary critic and socialist. Janet Gertrude (Nettie) Palmer, wife of Vance Palmer, was well-known as a poet, biographer, critic, commentator, historian, diarist, letter writer, editor and translator. She was the daughter of John and Kitty Higgins and a niece of the politician and judge, Henry Bournes Higgins. Further biographical information at http://trove.nla.gov.au/people/573431
- Manuscript reference no.: MS 7455.
- Condition: Folds, creases, soiled.
- Time Coverage:
- Copying of Nettie Palmer's copyright material permitted for research purposes.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- The journals of Andre Gide / translated from the French, with an introd. and notes, by Justin O'Brien
- Letters to Anais Nin / Edited and with an introd. by Gunther Stuhlmann
- Die Welt von gestern : Erinnerungen eines Europaers / Stefan Zweig
- Letters of Ford Madox Ford / edited by Richard M. Ludwig
- The constant lover; or, William and Jeanette; [electronic resource] : a tale. / From the German of Augustus von Kotzebue, author of The stranger, Lovers' vows, Self immolation, Virgin of the sun, &c. ; To which is prefixed, an account of the literary life of the author. ; Two volumes in one