Papers of Helen Palmer, 1918-1996 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Palmer, Helen G. (Helen Gwynneth), 1917-1979
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Available for reference. Not for loan.
- 3.5 m. (25 boxes)
Consists of correspondence, subject files, personal items, diaries, photographs, manuscripts of unpublished and published works and a large quantity of printed matter. There are letters from Vance, Nettie and Aileen Palmer, Jessie Macleod, Guido Baracchi, Eleanor Dark, Frank Dalby Davison and Katharine Susannah Prichard. There is a thesis by S. B. Clark entitled: Vance Palmer: A Consideration of His Career in Australian Letters.
The second daughter of Vance and Nettie Palmer, Helen Gwyneth Palmer was a writer, teacher and worker for many causes, particularly those associated with her commitment to socialism and communism.
- Manuscript reference: NLA MS 6083.
- Related Material:
- Associated materials: papers of Helen and Aileen Palmer are held by the National Library at NLA MS 3044.
- Monologue by Helen Palmer, writer; located at; National Library of Australia Oral History collection ORAL TRC 5370.
- Cited In:
- Guide to collections of manuscripts relating to Australia ; D312
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Finding aid available in Special Collections Reading Room and online.
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
- Clark, S. B. (Stephen Barry)
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Papers of Aileen Palmer, 1935-1979 [manuscript]
- Papers of Aileen and Helen Palmer [19--] [manuscript]
- Monologue by Helen Palmer [sound recording]
- The collected works of Maaida Palmer / [Maaida Palmer]
- [Biographical cuttings on Craig Palmer, police officer, containing one or more cuttings from newspapers or journals]