Islam and resistance in Afghanistan / Olivier Roy
- Bib ID:
- Roy, Olivier, 1949-
- Uniform Title:
- Afghanistan. English
- Online Version:
- Table of contents
- Related Online Resources:
- Publisher description
- 2nd ed.
- Cambridge [England] ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 1990
- x, 270 p. : maps ; 24 cm.
- Cambridge Middle East library.
- Full contents:
- Machine derived contents note: Acknowledgements
- 1. State and society in Afghanistan
- 2. Islam in Afghanistan
- 3. The origins of Afghan fundamentalism and popular movements up to 1947
- 4. The Islamist movement up to 1978
- 5. The communist reforms and the repression, 1978-9
- 6. The uprisings, 1978-9
- 7. The establishments of political parties
- 8. The development of the parties between 1980 and 1984
- 9. The role of the Shi'a in the resistance
- 10. Society and the war
- 11. From freedom fighter to guerilla
- 12. Military operations
- 13. The conflict from 1986 to the Soviet withdrawal
- 14. Cultural patterns and changes in society: an assessment
- 15. Afghan politics and the outside world
- Chronological table
- Translation of: L'Afghanistan.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 260-266) and index.
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Sovremennyi Afganistan / [red. Kollegiia N. A. Dvoriankov i dr.]
- Afghanistan [electronic resource] : a country study / Federal Research Division, Library of Congress ; edited by Peter R. Blood
- Ozaki Mitsuo Afuganisutan shiryōshū : genchi chōsa no kiroku 1935--1938-nen / Suzkuki Hitoshi hen
- Afghanistan / edited by Donald N. Wilber ; contributors : Elizabeth E. Bacon ... [et al]