Papers of Percy Ernest Joske, 1890-1967 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Joske, Percy Ernest, 1895-1981
- Access Conditions:
- Available for research. Not for loan.
- 32 cm. (25 folders).
Correspondence, notes, cuttings, drafts of articles, printed matter, and reports on legal matters, marriage and divorce, dentistry, the Liberal Party, Sir Robert Gordon Menzies. There are papers on the Ernest Joske Oration and the Fellowship of the same name (Ernest was Sir Percy's father), a scrap album of early circulars, menus etc. on the Dental Association of Victoria.
Joske was Liberal M.P. for the Victorian seat of Balaclava (1951-1960), and in this capacity pushed for uniform divorce laws in Australia. He joined the Aust. Industrial Court and Supreme Courts of the Territories in 1960, retiring from what is now the Federal Court in 1977. He was also a lecturer in Law at the University of Melbourne and lecturer in Dental Jurisprudence at the Aust. College of Dentistry.
- Photocopies of genealogical details.
- Manuscript reference: MS 6314.
- Originals in private ownership.
- Cited In:
- Guide to collections of manuscripts relating to Australia ; D1177
- Time Coverage:
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Organising local archival materials [by] L. Petocz
- System informacji archiwalnej / Maciej Golembiowski
- Guide to the material in the National Archives / the National Archives
- Modern archives : principles and techniques / T.R. Schellenberg
- A avaliacao dos documentos publicos modernos / traducao de Leda Boechat Rodrigues