Papers of B. W. Hone, 1930-1980 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Hone, B. W. (Brian William), 1907-1978
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Available for research. Not for loan.
- 6.0 m (40 boxes)
Main correspondents within these papers are P. Moore, Dr. G. Hancock, Malcolm Fraser, Barry Sheen, Oliver Whitely, Professor and Mrs T. Sizer, Tony Ingram, Christopher Cox, Henry Bragdon, Pauline Anderson, R. K. Chambers, John Ward and S. G. Thompson. Also contains diaries, financial papers, personal memorabilia, notes, talks, printed material and subject files relating to Hone's own education and early life, as well as to his career. A major part of these papers is concerned with his chairmanship of the Commonwealth Secondary Schools Libraries Committee (1971-1974), as Deputy Chancellor of Monash University (1973-1974) and as a member of the Schools Commission. There are also files on Melbourne Church of England Grammar School and Cranbrook School, and the State Planning and Finance Committee Library Subcommittee.
Sir Brian Hone was an influential Australian educationalist.
- Manuscript reference no.: MS 6823.
- Cited In:
- Guide to collections of manuscripts relating to Australia ; E41.
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
- Copying of Brian Hone’s copyright material permitted for research purposes.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.