Material relating to Adam Lindsay Gordon, 1852-1936 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Access Conditions:
- Available for reference. Not for loan.
- 1 cm. (2 v.)
A chronology of the life of Adam Lindsay Gordon and the Gordon Movement to Dec. 30th 1936, compiled by J.K. Moir (contains portrait and photographic (pos.) of a letter from Gordon to Dr. K.); Also newspaper cuttings on Lindsay Gordon Lovers Society; Unveiling of the Adam Lindsay Gordon memorial in the Poet's corner of Westminster Abbey on May 11 1934 by H.R.H. the Duke of York, accompanied by H.R.H. the Duchess of York, followed by an address on the poet Gordon, by his Grace the Archbishop of Canterbury. (Booklet, 1 vol. bound in vellum, "with the compliments of the Gordon Memorial Committee of London").
Came to Australia in 1853, was a horsebreaker and gentleman rider, who published his first book of verse in 1867 and shot himself because of financial difficulties in 1870.
- Manuscript reference no. : NLA MS 81.
- Cited In:
- Guide to collections of manuscripts relating to Australia ; A1000.
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
Contact us for information about copying. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2028 [Creator Date of Death + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Adam Lindsay Gordon, the laureate of the centaurs, born October 19, 1833 at Fayal in the Azores, died June 23, 1870 at Brighton, Victoria
- Poems of Adam Lindsay Gordon / edited with introduction, notes and appendixes by Frank Maldon Robb
- Poems / of Adam Lindsay, edited, with introduction, notes and appendixes, by Frank Meldon Robb
- Lines written in memory of Adam Lindsay Gordon, 15th June 1938 / by Shaw Neilson
- A footnote about a proposed life of Adam Lindsay Gordon by William Low / by Paul Depasquale