Papers and objects of Bessie Rischbieth, 1900-1967 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Rischbieth, Bessie Mabel, 1874-1967
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Available for research. Not for loan.
- 7.62 metres (37 archive boxes + 3 large folio boxes + 2 medium folio boxes + 2 medium phase boxes + 2 outsized phase boxes + 1 map folio).
1. Family and personal correspondence, 1911-1959. 2. Travel diaries for 1927, 1946 and 1957. 3. Articles and broadcasts with accompanying notes, 1936-1950. 4. Collection of documents relating to the English Suffragette movement. 5. Papers relating to Australian women's suffrage. 6. Papers relating to Rischbieth's involvement in various women's organisations. 7. Papers relating to the British Commonwealth League, which was formed in 1925 as a branch of the International Women's Suffrage Alliance. 8. Papers relating to the International Women's Suffrage Alliance, which was founded in 1904 and in 1946 became the International Alliance of Women. 9. Correspondence, reports and other papers relating to Rischbieth's 1935 appointment as Australian Delegate to the League of Nations. 10. Papers relating to the formation of the United Nations, 1944-1945, with reports of the U.N. Commission on the Status of women. 11. Subject files on various countries and subjects. The files include correspondence, pamphlets, press cuttings and other Papers.
Feminist. Co-founder of the Women's Service Guild of Western Australia, 1909. Co-founder and President, Australian Federation of Women Voters, 1921-1942. In the later years of her life Rischbieth clashed with Jessie Street, whom she labelled a communist.
- Manuscript reference no. : MS 2004.
- Selected item(s) also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-250831564
- Related Material:
- China bowl presented to board members, International Woman Suffrage Alliance by Frauenweltbund; located at; National Library of Australia Pictures collection PIC OBJ A40006883
- Cited In:
- Guide to collections of manuscripts relating to Australia ; E960
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Finding aid available online.
- Time Coverage:
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Organising local archival materials [by] L. Petocz
- System informacji archiwalnej / Maciej Golembiowski
- Guide to the material in the National Archives / the National Archives
- Modern archives : principles and techniques / T.R. Schellenberg
- A avaliacao dos documentos publicos modernos / traducao de Leda Boechat Rodrigues