Silver kettle and spirit lamp given by Queen Charlotte to Sir Joseph Banks [realia] / Rebecca Emes [and] Edward Barnard
- Bib ID:
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- 1 kettle : silver ; height 20 cm. approx.
- Rex Nan Kivell Collection ; NK29.
- Inscription: "This most judicious improvement. Of a Comfort indispensably necessary in a sick chamber, was most graciously presented to Sir Joseph Banks By The Queen when Her Majesty Accompanied by Their Royal Highnesses the Princesses Augusta and Mary Honored his Family with a Visit at Spring Grove, on Monday October the fourth 1813"--Engraved on the kettle.
- Rex Nan Kivell Collection NK29.
- More information about the item published in Unbound : the National Library of Australia magazine. Canberra : National Library of Australia, 2016-. Issue September 2019. https://www.nla.gov.au/unbound/september-2019
- Also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-138405433
- Other authors/contributors:
- Exhibited: "Parliamentary Display", Parliament House, Canberra, June - August, 2001.
- Exhibited: "Treasures Gallery", National Library of Australia, 7 October 2011 - 15 December 2012.
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Unable to determine type of work
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Love and honour and pity and pride and compassion and sacrifice / Nam Le
- Rules and constitution : and the policy and platform (state and federal)
- Over and under and up and around
- State rules and constitution and the federal and state policy and platform
- Seeing and hearing and space and time / N. O'Connor and B. Hermelin