Christian letters of Mr. Paul Bayne. [microform] Replenished with divers consolations, exhortations, and directions, tending to promote the honour of godlinesse. Hereunto is added a fruitfull sermon for the triall of a Christians estate
- Bib ID:
- Book and Microform
- Baynes, Paul, -1617
- London : Printed by E. [and A.] G[riffin] for I. N[ewbery] and are to be sold by Samuel Enderby at his shop in Popes-head-Alley, at the signe of the Starre, 1637
- , 232, 231-253, 252-324, 327-421, ; , 42 p. ;
- Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 950:4.
- Printer's and publisher's names from STC; A. Griffin's initials appear in the title page imprint of "The triall of a Christians estate".
- The title page is a cancel.
- "Holy soliloquies .. The fourth edition, inlarged by a more perfect copie" and "Comfort and instruction in affliction" each have separate dated title page; register is continuous.
- "The triall of a Christians estate" has separate pagination and register, and title page with imprint: London, printed by A.G. for I.N. ..
- "Holy soliloquies" was first published separately in 1617 as "A letterwritten by Mr. Paul Bayne".
- Reproduction of the original in Sion College. Library.
- Cited In:
- STC (2nd ed.) 1633.
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich.: University Microfilms International, 1963. 1 microfilm reel: 35 mm (Early English books, 1475-1640; 950:04).
- Christian life -- Anglican authors -- Early works to 1800
- Other authors/contributors:
- Also Titled:
- Christian letters
- Holy soliloquies.
- Comfort and instruction in affliction.
- Triall of a Christians estate.
- Available From:
- UMI 300 N Zeeb Rd., Ann Arbor, MI 48103-1553
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Created/Published Date is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- A commentary upon the whole Epistle of the apostle Paul to the Ephesians [microform] : wherein the text is learnedly and fruitfully opened, with logical analysis, spiritual and holy observations, confutation of Arminianisme and popery, and sound edification for the diligent reader / by Mr. Paul Baine
- A helpe to true happinesse. Or A briefe and learned exposition of the maine and fundamentall points of Christian religion. By Mr. Paul Bayne. [microform]
- The Christians garment. [microform] A sermon preached in London, by the late faithfull minister of Gods word, Master Paul Bayne
- An entire commentary vpon the whole epistle of the Apostle Paul to the Ephesians [microform] : wherein the text is learnedly and fruitfully opened, with a logicall analysis, spirituall and holy observations, confutation of arminianisme and popery and found edification for the diligent reader / preached by Mr. Paul Bayne
- The spirituall armour. [microform] With which being furnished, a Christian may be able to stand fast in the euill day, and time of tryall; and to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. Written by that godly and learned man, Paul Baine; sometime Preacher of Gods word at S. Andrewes in Cambridge