Melbourne, biography of a city / by W.H. Newnham
- Bib ID:
- Newnham, W. H. (Wilfred Henry), 1911-1991
- Rev. ed.
- Melbourne : Hill of Content, 1985
- xv, 283 p.,  p. of plates ; 23 cm.
Scattered brief references to Aborigines.
- Previous ed.: Melbourne : Cheshire, 1956.
- Includes index.
- Ill. on lining papers.
- Settlement and contacts - Colonisation - 1788-1850
- Environment - Lakes and rivers
- Environment - Conservation - Conservation areas
- History - Biographies
- Economic sectors - Hospitality - Hotels and motels
- Land rights - Land acquisition
- Buildings - Public - Local government
- Land rights - Crown land
- Melbourne (Vic.) -- History
- Melbourne (Vic SJ55-05)
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2061 [Creator Date of Death + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- The history of Northcote : from its first settlement to a city / compiled in 1927 by order of the Northcote City Council by William George Swift
- Go Melbourne : Melbourne in the sixties / edited by Sean O'Hanlon and Tanja Luckins
- The foundation of Melbourne
- The beautiful hill : an anthology of writing from East Melbourne / edited by Kathryn Purnell... [et al]
- The Melbourne book : a history of now / by Maree Coote