From Black Muslims to Muslims : the resurrection, transformation, and change of the lost-found Nation of Islam in America, 1930-1995 / Clifton E. Marsh
- Bib ID:
- Marsh, Clifton E., 1946-
- 2nd ed.
- Lanham, Md. : Scarecrow Press, 1996
- xv, 223 p. ; 22 cm.
- 0810830892 (alkaline paper)
- Full contents:
- Ch. 1. Black Nationalism as a Social Movement
- Ch. 2. Social Conditions, 1914-1930
- Ch. 3. The Moorish Science Temple, 1913-1929
- Ch. 4. The Nation of Islam, 1930-1959
- Ch. 5. Minister Malcolm X Shabazz, 1925-1965
- Ch. 6. The Nation of Islam and the World Community of Al-Islam in the West, 1965-1980
- Ch. 7. Minister Louis Farrakhan, National Representative of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad and the Nation of Islam: the Continuation of the African Nationalist Legacy, 1815-1994
- Ch. 8. A Historical and Philosophical Analysis on the Ideological Dispute between Imam Warith Deen Muhammad and Minister Louis Farrakhan, 1974-1980
- Ch. 9. The Growth, Development, and Change of the American Muslim Mission and the Nation of Islam, 1980-1990
- Ch. 10. The Nation of Islam from the Halls of the U.S. Congress to the Black Star Square in Accra, Ghana, 1990-1994
- Appendix A Interview with Imam Wallace D. Muhammad.
- Appendix B Interview with Dr. Abdul Alim Muhammad, National Spokesperson for Minister Louis Farrakhan and Minister of Health and Human Resources for the Nation of Islam, September 9, 1994 - Washington, D.C.
- Appendix C Directory of Masjids in the United States and Abroad, the World Community of Al-Islam in the West, 1979.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 209-219) and index.
- Black Muslims -- History
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.