Papers of W. G. R. Gilfillan, 1893-1981 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Gilfillan, W. G. R., 1906-1990
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Available for reference. Not for loan.
- 1.6 metres (12 boxes)
The papers consist mainly of secondary source material. They include university lecture notes, handwritten notes, lecture notes for real estate courses, various reports and papers prepared by the Snowy Mountains Hydro-electric Authority. There are also technical documents and journal articles on explosives and notes on public speaking.
William Gilfillan was a Safety Officer for the Snowy Mountains Hydro-electric Authority, 1957-71. From 1957-1960s he worked in the Snowy Mountains Hydro-electric Authority as engineer and then as archival officer. Gilfillan was also Alderman in the Monaro County Council from 1957-1965.
- Manuscript reference no. : NLA MS 854.
- Related Material:
- Associated material: "Papers on the development of the Snowy Mountains area, 1944-1965" at the National Library of Australia (MS 861). The W. G. R. Gilfillan Collection of maps (778 in total) is held in the Library's Map Collection.
- Time Coverage:
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Kaiser Arbitration Party recorded by Charles Gilbert in the Snowy Mountains Hydro-Electric Authority oral history project [sound recording]
- [Snowy Mountains Hydro-Electric Authority publications]
- Visit to Snowy Mountains Scheme : the Hon Garry B. West, MP, NSW Minister for Tourism, 7 February 1990
- Snowy Scheme management & administration
- Monthly report / Snowy Mountains Hydro-electric Authority