Bluey and Curley annual
- Bib ID:
- Uniform Title:
- Bluey and Curley annual (Melbourne edition)
- St. Kilda, [Victoria] : Lawrence Kay for The Sun News-Pictorial, [1941-1960]
- 20 volumes : chiefly illustrations ; 28 cm
- Australian Comics Collection (Specific issues).
- John Ryan Comic Collection (Specific issues).
- McGee Comics Collection (Specific issues).
"Bluey and Curley, created by Alex Gurney in 1940, and drawn by Gurney, Norm Rice and Les Dixon, centred around the antics and laconic humour of Bluey, a World War I veteran, and Curley, a young exuberant recruit" -- Shiell, Annette (editor). Bonzer : Australian comics 1900s-1990s. Redhill South, Victoria : Elgua Media, 1998. Page 60.
Bluey and Curley were created and drawn by Australian cartoonist Alex Gurney. Gurney passed away from a heart attack in 1955, so the strip was taken over by Australian cartoonist Norm Rice. Rice passed away suddenly in a car accident the following year, so the strip was taken over by Australian cartoonist Les Dixon, who drew the characters up until his retirement.
- Numbering Note:
- Most issues lack a date designation.
- Cover title.
- Other editions published in Brisbane and Sydney with the same cover art, but different contents and format.
- Related Title:
- Bluey and Curley annual (Brisbane edition)
- Bluey and Curley annual (Sydney edition)
- Soldiers -- Conduct of life -- Comic books, strips, etc
- Soldiers -- Conduct of life -- Periodicals
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Australia -- Comic books, strips, etc
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Australia -- Periodicals
- Australian wit and humor -- Comic books, strips, etc
- Australian wit and humor -- Periodicals
- Comics (Graphic works)
- Other authors/contributors:
Copyright varies by issue and article
Copyright varies with each issue and article. You may have full rights to copy, or may be able to copy only under some circumstances, for example a portion for research or study. Order a copy where circumstances allow through Copies Direct or Contact us for further information.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Serials have an open range of dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.