Papers of John Conrick, 1909-1926 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Conrick, John, 1852-1926
- Access Conditions:
- Available for research. Not for loan.
- 2 cm.
Xerox copies of a typescript draft autobiography by Conrick (1924), a pamphlet entitled "Waradgery language" (1927) by John Baylis, the memorandum and articles of association of Nappa Merrie Pastoral Company Limited (Adelaide, Glynn, Parson and McEwin, Solicitors, 1909) and Conrick's obituary notice in the "Adelaide Advertiser" (n.d. 1926).
Conrick was born in Victoria. At the age of 19 he purchased cattle and drove them into the north of South Australia where he established Nappa Merrie Station on Cooper River. From there he explored further into the Diamantina country. He prided himself with his good relations with the Aborigines. Conrick has been described as a typical "explorer and squatter".
- Manuscript reference no. : MS 1317.
- Xerox copies.
- Original in private ownership.
- Conrick, John, 1852-1926 -- Archives
- Nappa Merrie Pastoral Company
- Waradgery (Pastoral property : S.A.)
- Ranchers -- South Australia -- Archives
- Explorers -- South Australia -- Archives
- Wiradjuri language
- Aboriginal Australians -- South Australia -- Languages
- Diamantina River (Qld. and S.A.) -- Discovery and exploration
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
- Baylis, James J. (James John)
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Organising local archival materials [by] L. Petocz
- System informacji archiwalnej / Maciej Golembiowski
- Guide to the material in the National Archives / the National Archives
- Modern archives : principles and techniques / T.R. Schellenberg
- A avaliacao dos documentos publicos modernos / traducao de Leda Boechat Rodrigues