Constitutional change : select sources on constitutional change in Australia 1901-1997 / House of Representatives Standing Committee on Legal and Constitutional Affairs
- Bib ID:
- Canberra : The Committee, 1997
- vi, 150 p. ; 25 cm.
This document provides an overview of efforts to change the Australian Constitution and a select bibliography on constitutional change. The committee has produced an annotated Constitution contaning references to the recommendations of several major constitutional reviews previously undertaken. There have been four comprehensive reviews of the Australian Constitution since 1901. They were undertaken by various bodies: a royal commission, a joint parliamentary committee, a constitutional convention comprising delegates from the three levels of government and a constitutional commission. These reviews recommended major changes to the Constitution. The annotated Constitution has been prepared by reference to the three most recent of these reviews.
- Full contents:
- Part 1. Annotated Constitution
- The Constitution
- chapter 1. The Parliament
- ch. 1.1. General
- ch. 1.2. The Senate
- ch. 1.3. The House of Representatives
- ch. 1.4. Both Houses of Parliament
- ch. 1.5. Powers of the Parliament
- ch. 2. The Executive government
- ch. 3. The judicature
- ch. 4. Finance and trade
- ch. 5. The states
- ch. 6. New states
- ch. 7. Miscellaneous
- ch. 8. Alteration of the Constitution
- The schedule
- pt. 2. History of Australian referendums
- Summary of arguments and results
- pt. 3. Select bibliography.
- Kevin Andrews -- Chairman.
- At head of page : The Parliament of the Commonwealth of Australia.
- Bibliography p. 115-150.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Australia. Parliament. House of Representatives. Standing Committee on Legal and Constitutional Affairs
- Commonwealth of Australia 1997.
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2047 [Created/Published Date + 50 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- The Making of the Commonwealth / edited, with a commentary by Scott Bennett
- Constitutional Reform Public Forum, 1976 / A.C.A.C.I.A., the Constitutional Reform Society, Canberra
- Constitutional Convention : discussion paper
- Constitutional reforms
- Resolving deadlocks : the public response : report of the Consultative Group on Constitutional Change / [Consultative Group on Constitutional Change]