Mythology in Northern Kimberley, North-West Australia
- Bib ID:
- Capell, A. (Arthur), 1902-1986
- [Sydney : Australiasian Medical Publishing Co., 1939]
- p. 381-404.
Mythology and how various types can be separated out into strata; belief in spirit beings common to all areas; myths of Creator; Wandjina cult, spirit children; the Rainbow serpent, Djanba cult; system of cave paintings; flood legend of Gwini people.
- Reprinted from "Oceania", June, 1939. Vol. 9, no. 4.
- Bibliography: p. 384.
- Digital master available National Library of Australia;
- Stories and motifs - Rainbow serpent
- Kija / Gidja people (K20) (WA SE52-06)
- Ngarinyin / Ungarinyin people (K18) (WA SE52-01)
- Art - Rock art - Painting
- Walmajarri / Walmatjarri people (A66) (WA SE51-16)
- Warrwa / Warwa people (K10) (WA SE51-07)
- Munumburu people (K25) (WA SD52-13)
- Stories and motifs - Flood
- Wolyamidi people (K26) (WA SD52-13)
- Gooniyandi / Gunian people (K6) (WA SE52-09)
- Bunuba / Punuba people (K5) (WA SE51-08)
- Miwa / Bagu people (K44) (WA SD52-09)
- Unggumi people (K14) (WA SE51-08)
- Gamberre / Gambera people (K39) (WA SD52-09)
- Stories and motifs - Spirit children
- Wunambal people (K22) (WA SD51-12)
- Gunin people (K36) (WA SD52-10)
- Art - Subjects - Wandjina
- Worrorra people (K17) (WA SD51-16)
- East Kimberley area (WA SD52, SE52)
- West Kimberley area (WA SD51, SD52, SE51)
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2056 [Creator Date of Death + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.