Black words, white page : Aboriginal literature 1929-1988 / Adam Shoemaker
- Bib ID:
- Shoemaker, Adam, 1957-
- Online Version:
- [New ed.]
- Canberra : ANU E Press, 2004
- xiv, 312 p. ; 21 cm.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: Adobe Acrobat Reader required to view/print PDF files.
This award-winning study - the first comprehensive treatment of the nature and significance of Indigenous Australian literature - was based upon the author's doctoral research at the ANU.
- Previously published: St Lucia, Qld. : University of Queensland Press, 1992.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Also available in an electronic version via the Internet. Address as at 3/4/2007: http://epress.anu.edu.au/bwwp_citation.html
- Australian literature -- Aboriginal authors -- History and criticism
- Australian literature -- 20th century -- History and criticism
- Social identity - Aboriginality
- Race relations - Representation
- Race relations
- Literature and stories - Authors - Poetry
- Race relations - Representation - History
- Literature and stories - Authors - Fiction
- Literature and stories - Criticism and analysis
- Attitudes - Indigenous perspectives
- Literature and stories - Fiction
- Literature and stories - Authors - Drama
- Government policy - Assimilation
- Race relations - Representation - Literature
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.