Chris Woodland interviewed by Keith McKenry [sound recording]
- Bib ID:
- Woodland, Chris, 1938-, interviewee
- Access Conditions:
- Access open for research use and personal copies; written permission required for public use during the lifetime of the interviewee.
- 2004 Mar. 16
- 2 digital audio tapes (ca. 124 min.)
Chris Woodland born in 1938 discusses his family background; his convict ancestry; memories of his childhood during World War II; his childhood spent in rural Taree; travelling to Melville Island with uncle; his interaction with Aborigines; working in the bush; his return to the city; the Bush Music Club; club workshop nights, beer and cheese nights, singabout nights, the club members; the Wild Colonial Days Society; his father being afflicted by Huntington's Disease; John Meredith's property at Walden; his move to Mulwala; travelling with Meredith to Araluen; his field trips and travelling to the outback with Meredith; his discusses Meredith's motivation for collecting and personality; Meredith's haiku; Meredith's concoctions and his interest in the Voluntary Euthanasia Society.
- Recorded on Mar. 16, 2004 at Ainslie, A.C.T.
- Digital master available National Library of Australia
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Timed summary (21 p.)
- Other authors/contributors:
- McKenry, Keith, 1948-, interviewer
Contact us for information about copying. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2074 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Sound Recording
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Ruby Woods interviewed by Claudia Quinn-Young in the Australia 1938 oral history project [sound recording]
- Portugal in pictures / prepared by James Nach
- Intonation of conversational English (educated southern British)
- Rob and Olya Willis folklore collection 1990 -
- Xing shi su song fa xing shi su song fa shi xing fa xiu zheng ben zhuan kan / Si fa yuan mi shu chu [bian]