J.M. Braga collection [picture]
- Bib ID:
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- [ca. 1924-ca. 1971]
- ca. 4500 photographs, slides and negatives.
- 157 drawings, watercolours and prints.
- 3 paintings : oil.
- 1 bust.
- 1 statuette.
In 1966 the National Library of Australia acquired the J.M. (Jack) Braga collection of materials relating to Portuguese activities in Asia, particularly Macao. The pictorial items relate not only to the general history of these activities but also to the Braga family and their life in Macao.
Braga was an intensive collector of printed material, manuscripts, copies of manuscripts, pictures and maps dealing mainly with the activities of the Portuguese in Asia.
- Title devised by cataloguer.
- Also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-148899104
- Related Material:
- Related material: J.M. Braga. Papers, [ca. 1924-ca. 1971] ; National Library of Australia manuscript collection MS 4300.
- Braga, J. M. (José Maria), 1897-1988 -- Art collections
- Braga family -- Pictorial works
- Portuguese -- Asia -- Photographs
- Portuguese -- China -- Macau (Special Administrative Region) -- Photographs
- Macau (China : Special Administrative Region) -- Photographs
- Macau (China : Special Administrative Region) -- Pictorial works
- Macau (China : Special Administrative Region) -- Civilization -- Portuguese influences -- Photographs
- Macau (China : Special Administrative Region) -- Civilization -- Portuguese influences -- Pictorial works
- Hong Kong (China) -- Photographs
- Other authors/contributors:
- Braga, J. M. (José Maria), 1897-1988
- Related Records:
This is a collection.
This collection contains 20 records.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Unable to determine date of publication or creation
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Published status:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- [Cloister of the Seminary of St. Joseph's seminary showing the cupola of the Church, Macau, 1944] [picture] / George Smirnoff
- [Cloister of the Seminary of St. Joseph, Macao, 1944] [picture] / George Smirnoff
- San Tiago Fort, Macau, approximately 1850 / Marciano Baptista
- Qing Ping Theatre, Macau, 1929 [picture] / V. Pacia
- [Macau 1863] [picture] / George Smirnoff after an original painting by E. Hildebrandt