Reports from a wild country : ethics for decolonisation / Deborah Bird Rose
- Bib ID:
- Rose, Deborah Bird, 1946-2018
- Sydney : University of New South Wales Press, 2004
- ix, 235 p. : 1 map 21 cm.
"Reports from a wild country explores some of Australia's major ethical challenges. Written in the midst of rapid social and environmental change and in a time of uncertainty and division, it offers powerful stories and arguments for ethical choice and commitment. The focus is on reconciliation between Indigenous and 'Settler' peoples, and with nature." --Cover.
- Includes index.
- Bibliography: p.217-231.
- Decolonization -- Australia
- Aboriginal Australians -- Attitudes
- Aboriginal Australians -- Social life and customs
- Culture - Relationship to land
- Race relations - Violent
- Religions - Christianity - Missionaries
- Yuin people (S67) (NSW SI56-13)
- Indigenous knowledge - World view
- Australia -- Race relations
- Yarralin (Victoria River Downs North NT SE52-04)
- Gulaga / Mount Dromedary (NSW Far S Coast SJ55-04)
- Northern Territory (NT)
- Limbunya (Central NT SE52-07)
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2088 [Creator Date of Death + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Hidden histories : black stories from Victoria River Downs, Humbert River and Wave Hill Stations / Deborah Bird Rose
- Colonisation / Cathie Burgess,Julie Myers
- Dingo makes us human : life and land in an Aboriginal Australian culture / Deborah Bird Rose
- Australien und seine Ureinwohner : ihre Geschichte und Gegenwart / [von] Frederick Rose
- Indigenous kinship with the natural world in New South Wales / Deborah Rose, Diana James, Christine Watson