The last words of William Huggins and John Mansfield [electronic resource] : who are to be executed this day, June 19th, 1783, at Worcester, in the commonwealth of Massachusetts, for burglary, committed in October last
- Bib ID:
- Huggins, William, 1759-1783
- Online Version:
- [Worcester, Mass.] : Printed and sold at the printing-office in Worcester [by Isaiah Thomas, 1783]
- 1 sheet ( p.) : ill. (relief cut) ; 57 x 49 cm.
- Early American imprints. Series I, Evans (1639-1800); no. 17994.
- Text, in five columns separated by heavy black rules, includes an autobiographical affidavit by each man, and a joint statement signed and dated: William Huggins. John Mansfield. Worcester-goal, June 18, 1783.
- At foot, also in five columns, are seventy-two lines of verse, entitled: Mansfield's soliloquy! Or an elegy on the execution of Huggins and Mansfield for burglary.
- "Having given the foregoing accounts of our lives ... we would here observe ... the sir-names [sic] 'Huggins' and 'Mansfield' are only names we took to ourselves to prevent our real ones from being known."--fourth column.
- Isaiah Thomas was the only printer active at Worcester, Mass., in 1783.
- Relief cut of a double hanging at head.
- Printed area, including mourning border, measures 49.9 x 41.4 cm.
- Microform version available in the Readex Early American Imprints series.
- Cited In:
- Evans 17994
- Ford, W.C. Broadsides, 2360
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Series I, Evans (1639-1800); no. 17994). Mode of access : World Wide Web.
- United States Massachusetts Worcester.
- Other authors/contributors:
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Created/Published Date is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
- The nature of change or the law of unintended consequences : an introductory text to designing complex systems and managing change / John Mansfield
- Peron Islands Area land claim no. 190 : Aboriginal Land Rights (Northern Territory) Act 1976 : report of the Aboriginal Land Commissioner, the Hon John Mansfield AM KC, to the Minister for Indigenous Australians and to the Administrator of the Northern Territory
- Murrinhpatha morphology and phonology / John Mansfield
- The design and construction of an Aeolian harp
- An oration, pronounced at Belchertown on the 4th of July 1811 [microform] / by J. Mansfield