The Massachusetts calendar, or An almanac for the year of our Lord 1772; [electronic resource] : ... calculated for the meridian of Boston, New-England, latitude 42 degrees, 25 minutes north. ... / By Philomathes
- Bib ID:
- Online Version:
- Boston: : Printed and sold by Isaiah Thomas, at the new printing-office, in Union-Street, near the Mill-Bridge. Sold also, by Edes and Gill, in Queen-Street; J. Langdon, and A. Barclay, in Cornhill; Z Fowle, in Back-Street; J. Perkins, in Union-Street; E. Russell, J. Boyles, and A. Steele, in Marlborough-Street, &c. &c., 
-  p. : ill. ; 19 cm. (4to)
- Early American imprints. Series I, Evans (1639-1800); no. 12058.
- Attributed by Evans to Ezra Gleason, the author of the Massachusetts calendars for 1773 (printed by E. Russell) and 1774 (printed by Thomas). The preface, however, states that "this almanack ... is my first performance of this kind." Almanac authors sometimes published their first production anonymously, to test its acceptance.
- Advertised in the Massachusetts spy, Boston, Oct. 10, 1771.
- With a half-title. The half-title leaf has a cut on each side. The cut on verso (Reilly 1009) is a wood engraving after Paul Revere's print of the Boston Massacre and is attributed to Revere by Brigham.
- Two states of gathering B noted, the calculations for Apr. 26-30 and for Aug. 8-13 having been altered.
- Two states of gathering D noted. In one, p.  has advertisements of Isaiah Thomas and John Langdon; in the other, advertisements of Isaiah Thomas and Andrew Barclay.
- Microform version available in the Readex Early American Imprints series.
- Cited In:
- Evans 12058
- Drake, M. Almanacs, 3213
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Series I, Evans (1639-1800); no. 12058). Mode of access : World Wide Web.
- United States Massachusetts Boston.
- Other authors/contributors:
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Creator Date of Death is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
- Handbook for Queensland : prepared for the members of the Australasian Association for the Advancement of Science, for the Brisbane meeting, May - June, 1930
- Report of the Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment for the
- Report of the Ministry for the Environment for the period
- Report of the Minister for Education for the year
- A catalogue of the names of the knights for the counties, citizens, burgesses for the boroughes, and barons for the ports for the House of Commons, for this Parliament. [microform] Begun at Westminster the 3. of November, 1640