Thomas's Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode-Island, New-Hampshire and Vermont almanack, for the year of our Lord 1783: [electronic resource] : ... Calculated for the meridian of Boston, but will serve without any essential variation for either of the beforementioned states
- Bib ID:
- Online Version:
- Worcester [Mass.]: : Printed and sold by Isaiah Thomas., 
-  p. : ill. ; 16 cm. (4to)
- Early American imprints. Series I, Evans (1639-1800); no. 17549.
- The almanacs published by Thomas for 1779-1795 are attributed by Evans to Ezra Gleason, but most appear to be the work of other identifiable calculators. The present one may be the work of Nathan Daboll. A large proportion of the astronomical notes on the calendar pages of A New-England almanack and gentleman's and lady's diary of 1783 by Edmund Freebetter [pseud.: i.e., Daboll] (New London) are duplicated here, usually opposite the same calendar date and often with the same calculations, especially those on the movements of the "7 stars" or Pleiades. Elsewhere, most of Daboll's calculations differ, being for New London. Though the preface by "Philomathes" calls this "my sixth almanack," the text of this and other prefaces in the series make it apparent that the pseudonym is that of the publisher.
- Advertised in the Massachusetts spy, Worcester, Oct. 31, 1782.
- Microform version available in the Readex Early American Imprints series.
- Cited In:
- Evans 17549
- Drake, M. Almanacs, 3323
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Series I, Evans (1639-1800); no. 17549). Mode of access : World Wide Web.
- United States Massachusetts Worcester.
- Other authors/contributors:
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Creator Date of Death is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
- Handbook for Queensland : prepared for the members of the Australasian Association for the Advancement of Science, for the Brisbane meeting, May - June, 1930
- Report of the Minister for Education for the year
- Report of the Ministry for the Environment for the period
- A catalogue of the names of the knights for the counties, citizens, burgesses for the boroughes, and barons for the ports for the House of Commons, for this Parliament. [microform] Begun at Westminster the 3. of November, 1640
- Imprisonment for debt. A bill for the abolition of imprisonment for debt, for the punishment of fraudulent debtors; and for other purposes. [electronic resource]