Thomas's Massachusetts, New-Hampshire and Connecticut almanack, for the year of our Lord Christ 1781 [electronic resource] : ... Calculated for the meridian of Boston, but will serve without any essential variation for either of the four New England states
- Bib ID:
- Online Version:
- Massachusetts-Bay: Worcester, : Printed and sold by Isaiah Thomas, 
-  p. ; 17 cm. (4to)
- Early American imprints. Series I, Evans (1639-1800); no. 16786.
- Subsequent issues were entitled Thomas's Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode-Island, New-Hampshire and Vermont almanack.
- Attributed to Ezra Gleason by Evans, as he does the entire series through 1795. The preface is signed "Philomathes." The calendar page notes include calculations for the Yard L (Yard Line, or Yard and Ell: the belt of Orion) and for P.N. (Pointers north). Calculations for the movement and position of these stars were peculiar at this time to the almanacs of Daniel George and Nathaniel Low. The rest of the notes in the same column on the calendar pages are much closer to those in George's signed almanac for this year (George's almanack for 1781: Newburyport, Mass.) than to Low's. But there is no significant degree of identity in the calculations, even though both almanacs are supposedly for the meridian of Boston.
- Advertised in the Massachusetts spy, Worcester, Oct. 19, 1780.
- Microform version available in the Readex Early American Imprints series.
- Cited In:
- Evans 16786
- Drake, M. Almanacs, 3302
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Series I, Evans (1639-1800); no. 16786). Mode of access : World Wide Web.
- United States Massachusetts Worcester.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Gleason, Ezra, 1748-1808?
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Creator Date of Death is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
- New beauty for the new Ford
- New rules for the new world : cautionary tales for the new world manager / Eddie Obeng
- New crops for the new world
- Rules of the New Zealand Association for the Advancement of Rationalism / New Zealand Association for the Advancement of Rationalism
- A New generation of environmental leadership : action for the environment and the economy ; proposals for the new administration and the new Congress