The beauty of holiness in the Common Prayer: [electronic resource] : as set forth in four sermons preached at the Rolls Chapel, in 1716. / By Thomas Bisse, D.D
- Bib ID:
- Bisse, Thomas, -1731
- Online Version:
- The first American, from the seventh London, edition.
- Boston: : Printed by Manning & Loring., 1797
- iv, , 6-94,  p. ; 17 cm. (12mo)
- Early American imprints. Series I, Evans (1639-1800); no. 31831.
- "An appendix, from a practical exposition of the Book of Common Prayer; by Anthony Sparrow, D.D. late Bishop of Norwich; printed in 1722."--p. -80. Postscript containing "Prayers in the liturgy of the Episcopal Church, altered and adopted in consequence of the Revolution."--p. -94.
- Microform version available in the Readex Early American Imprints series.
- Cited In:
- Evans 31831
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Series I, Evans (1639-1800); no. 31831). Mode of access : World Wide Web.
- United States Massachusetts Boston.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Sparrow, Anthony, 1612-1685. Rationale, or Practical explanation of the Book of common prayer
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
- Directions for a devout and decent behaviour in the public worship of God [microform] : more particularly in the use of the Common Prayer appointed by the Protestant Episcopal Church
- A new survey of the book of common prayer [microform] : humbly proposed to this present parliament, in order to the obtaining a new act of uniformity / by a minister of the Church of England
- An exposition of the Book of common prayer, and administration of the Sacraments ... according to the use of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the United States of America [microform] / by Andrew Fowler
- An exposition of the Book of common prayer, and administration of the Sacraments [microform] : and other rites and ceremonies of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the United States of America
- The abolishing of the Booke of common prayer, [microform] by reason of above fifty grosse corruptions in it, as also for that it commands the use of such ceremonies in the worship of God (namely surplice, crosse, and kneeling) which man hath devised, and which are notoriously knowne to have beene of old, and still to be abused to superstition and idolatry, and are of no necessary use in the church. Being the substance of a booke which the ministers of Lincoln diocesse delivered to King Iames, the first of December, 1605. Well worthy of the serious consideration of the High Court of Parliament