Thomas's Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode-Island, New-Hampshire & Vermont almanack, with an ephemeris, for the year of our Lord 1787: [electronic resource] : ... Fitted to the latitude and longitude of the town of Boston, but will serve without essential variation for the adjacent states
- Bib ID:
- Online Version:
- Second edition.
- Printed at Worcester [Mass.], : by Isaiah Thomas. (Price 40 s. per gross. 4 s. per dozen. Six-pence single.), [1786?]
-  p. : ill. ; 19 cm. (12mo)
- Early American imprints. Series I, Evans (1639-1800); no. 45021.
- Though the Thomas almanacs through 1795 were ascribed by Evans to Ezra Gleason, most can be attributed with varying degrees of certainty to other identifiable calculators. The present one, like that for 1786, is the apparent work of Samuel Stearns. When compared with his The universal calendar and the North-American almanack for 1787 (Boston), the calendar page calculations are identical, except that Thomas's almanac has several additional columns of them. The notes columns in Thomas's calender pages similarly contain more abundant astronomical matter, while Stearns' gives little more than the times for the rising, southing and setting of the 7 stars or Pleiades; but these calculations are duplicated in Thomas. The eclipse predictions on p.  are also practically identical with those in The universal calendar, except that those in Thomas are accompanied by a diagram.
- Edition statement transposed from head of title.
- Parentheses substituted for square brackets in imprint transcription.
- Bookseller's advertisement, p. .
- Microform version available in the Readex Early American Imprints series.
- Cited In:
- Bristol B6375
- Shipton & Mooney 45021
- Drake, M. Almanacs, 3384
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Series I, Evans (1639-1800); no. 45021). Mode of access : World Wide Web.
- United States Massachusetts Worcester.
- Other authors/contributors:
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Creator Date of Death is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
- A catalogue of the names of the knights for the counties, citizens, burgesses for the boroughes, and barons for the ports for the House of Commons, for this Parliament. [microform] Begun at Westminster the 3. of November, 1640
- Report of the Church Society for the Diocese of Sydney : for the year
- A catalogue of the names of the knights for the counties, citizens, burgesses for the boroughes, and barons for the ports for the House of Commons, [microform] for this Parliament. Begun at Westminster the 13. of Aprill, 1640
- Handbook for Queensland : prepared for the members of the Australasian Association for the Advancement of Science, for the Brisbane meeting, May - June, 1930
- Report of the Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment for the