Canton and its approaches, Macao and Hong Kong [cartographic material] / [based on the surveys of Edward Belcher]
- Bib ID:
- Belcher, Edward, Sir, 1799-1877
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- Scales differ.
- London : George Cox, Jan. 1st 1852
- 3 maps on 1 sheet : col. ; 17.3 x 26.3 cm. or less, 30.7 x 38.4 cm.
- Braga special map collection.
- Full contents:
- Macao. Scale not given
- Sketch of the river from Macao to Canton : soundings are in fathoms. Scale not given
- Canton. Scale [ca. 1:460,800].
- Inset on Macao map: Hong Kong / surveyed by Captn. Sir E. Belcher, R.N. Scale [ca. 1:251,300].
- Map presented in four segments showing different aspects of the Guangzhou Region in China. The first section is a map of Macao Island with a small inset of the city of Hong Kong ; the next map is of the Pearl River as it runs from Macao Island and Lantao [i.e. Lantau] to Canton [i.e. Guangzhou] and covering the whole Pearl River Delta ; the last and largest segment shows an outline of the city of Canton [i.e. Guangzhou]. Relief is shown of depth soundings in fathoms.
- At bottom right side of sheet: 170a.
- Imprint on map: London : George Cox, Jan. 1st 1852.
- Also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-231219940
- The Library's copy is also listed as no. 65 in the Braga Collection.
- Cited In:
- Phillips, 445.
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
- Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge (Great Britain)
- Related Records:
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Creator Date of Death is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- China [cartographic material] / compiled and drawn in the Cartographic Section of the National Geographic Society
- The state of China atlas / Robert Benewick and Stephanie Donald
- Joint Operations graphic scale 1:250,000. NG 50-15, Xiamen, China [cartographic material] / prepared and published by the Defense Mapping Agency Hydrographic/Topographic Center
- The Times atlas [cartographic material] : China / the Edinburgh Geographical Institute [and] John Bartholomew & Co
- Map of China : compiled from original surveys and sketches / by James Wyld