Medicine, the market and the mass media : producing health in the twentieth century / edited by Virginia Berridge and Kelly Loughlin
- Bib ID:
- Online Version:
- Table of contents
- New York, NY : Routledge, 2005
- xvi, 299 p. ; 24 cm.
- Routledge studies in the social history of medicine.
"This collection opens up the postwar history of public health to sustained research-based, historical scrutiny. Medicine, the Market and the Mass Media examines the development of a new view of 'the health of the public' and the influences that shaped it in the postwar years. The book looks at the dual legacy of social medicine through health services and health promotion, and analyses the role of the mass media along with the connections between public health and industry. These essays take a broad perspective examining developments in Western Europe, and the relationships between Europe and the USA."--BOOK JACKET.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other authors/contributors:
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- The federal republic and the European community. RIIA/8/3610 / Herr Helmut Schmidt
- Europe in the 20th century; a history
- The mighty continent : a view of Europe in the twentieth century / John Terraine
- The international anarchy, 1904-1914 / foreword by Arthur Salter
- Noi si mura : selected working papers of the European University / edited by Werner Maihofer